Florida is one of the most popular and attractive states within America, making it a top tourism destination for travellers from abroad and great for family holidays. Home to exciting amusement parks, word glass golfing, warm weather and stunning beaches, it should come as no surprise that Florida holidays are among the best on earth. We’ve heard why Florida is one of my favourite holiday destinations but if you need more convincing, here are ten of the top reasons to make Florida your next holiday destination:
1. Warm Weather: Although northern Florida can experience some slight chills in the winter, most of the state boasts year round warm weather, and a pleasant temperature for heading to the beach.
2. Stunning Beaches: No Florida holidays are complete without a trip to the gorgeous, white sand beaches. Miami, West Palm Beach and Daytona Beach are just three of the many places to enjoy warm waters and beautiful coastlines.
3. Golfing: Florida is the undisputed capitol of golfing in America. Throughout the state you will find top ranked courses and many professional golfers offering lessons.
4. Amusement Parks: Mention Florida to any child and their eyes will light up. Along with Disney World, the state’s largest amusement park, there is also Universal Studios, Busch Gardens and Wet N’ Wild. Each offers exciting rides, fun attractions, shows and games to appeal to adults and children alike.
5. A Blend of Culture: Florida is a truly unique destination, thanks to the mix of cultures present. In the northern part of the state, the people and culture is decidedly Southern American. Travel to the south of the state, however, and the culture is a vibrant Hispanic blend that greatly influences the cuisine.
6. The Everglades National Park: While Florida is sometimes regarded as a more touristy destination, the Everglades are anything but. As a UNESCO World Heritage Site, visitors can expect to see an impressive array of animals, including eagles and alligators, among the 1.5 million acres of swamp and mangroves in the park.
7. Space Shuttle Launches: Florida is home to Cape Canaveral, where manned shuttles and rockets are launched. This is one of the only places on earth where the general public is allowed to see such a display, as many countries launch their shuttles in isolation.
8. Vibrant Nightlife: With so many visitors, many of them young and carefree, Florida boasts an impressive and exciting nightlife scene. Along the major beach resort towns, such as Daytona Beach and Miami, there are hundreds of bars, clubs and pubs to enjoy until the wee hours of the morning.
9. Fishing: With so much coastline, it is not surprising that Florida boasts such fantastic fishing, both from the coast and on deep sea boat tours.
10. Cruises: Florida is a major departure point for cruise ships. Make the most of a trip by adding on a short cruise leaving from Miami or Tampa.